Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Monthly 50 – March

And we’re back again for another at a glance look at my pull list for a coming month. Here is my pull list for books scheduled to be released in March, in alphabetical order:


Action Comics #887
Adventure Comics #8
Adventure Comics #9
Aladdin Legacy of the Lost #3
Azrael #6
Batgirl #8
Batman #697
Batman and Robin #10
Batman Confidential #12
Batman Streets of Gotham #10
Blackest Night #8
Captain Swing #2
Chip #1
Choker #2
Dadoes Dust to Dust #1
Detective Comics #863
Devil #2
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep #10
Doom Patrol #8
First Wave #1
Gotham City Sirens #10
Great Ten #5
Greek Street #9
Green Lantern #52
Green Lantern Corps #46
Joe the Barbarian #3
Kevin Smith Green Hornet #1
Legendary Talespinners #2
Nemesis #1
Nemesis the Imposter #1
Powers #5
Red Robin #10
Shuddertown #1
Supergirl #51
Superman Last Stand of New Krypton #1
Sweet Tooth #7
Teen Titans #81
Tiny Titans #26
Titans #23
Unwritten #11
Victorian Undead #5

Free Comics Book Day Titles (I could only get 5)
Atomic Robo and Friends
Doctor Solar Magnus Robot Hunter
Shrek & the Penguins of Madagascar
Owly & Friends
War of the Supermen #0

Total: 41 + 5 free comic book day titles

Note should be made that although the Free Comic Book Day titles are ordered here they don’t ship till May, so it will be a while before I can get my hands on them. But I wanted to mention them so I didn’t forget later.

Most Anticipated:
Blackest Night #8 – the final chapter in this event, I’m looking forward to seeing how things turn out. I’m also excited to see if the book comes out on time, as that would speak well for DC and all parties involved. The stage has been set to be so dark and bleak and freaking impossible to overcome that I’m really interested to see how it all plays out. A bad ending can ruin a great event, but I’m hopeful that this one will be satisfying.

Kevin Smith Green Hornet #1 – While this title is really for my fiancé I find that it is growing on me. I have really been enjoying Smith’s Batman the Widening Gyre. I feel that his characters are strong and his writing is solid. The only complaint I’ve ever really heard about him is that he tends to not finish things or gets really delayed. But Dynamite Comics has already stated that all the scripts for this 10 issue mini are in. So hopefully that won’t be a problem (although DC said the same thing with Batman and it still managed to get behind a few months). I’m really interested to see where this one goes. I know pretty much nothing about the character this time around, so he has a clean slate to impress me with.

Bottom of the Stack:
Superman Last Stand of New Krypton #1 – I’m picking us this title based on the involvement of the Legion, who I became a fan of in Geoff Johns Legion of Three Worlds tie in to Final Crisis. I’m hoping that is enough to make this an interesting comic, but I’m still nervous about the decision. I like Supergirl and Superboy (and Nightwing and Flamebird although I don’t know if they are involved in this), but I have not been following Superman and the whole New Krypton thing. Since Supergirl’s story crosses over here I wanted to get it to get a more complete story. I’m not dreading it coming in and it may not actually be the last thing I read once the comics are in front of me, but I am nervous about it.

Titans #23 – I am not looking forward to the last issue of Titans. They are my favorite team and it’s been hard watching this comic flounder with no purpose, waiting to be canceled. I’ve already spoken in great detail about what I feel about the changes coming in “Titans” so I won’t rehash it all here. I’d hope for at least a respectable send off, but at this point I think even that is asking too much.


And that’s March for ya. Agree, disagree? Comments are always welcome. What did I get right and what am I missing? But remember when commenting that spoiler free is the way to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment